1. Remove anything that slows down your site.
That’s never a good experience, nobody wants to wait for anything. A slow page can frustrate the user experience and ultimately discourage people from buying your product or using your site again.
2. Link to other websites with relevant content.
To most people, linking out to relevant and authoritative content pages is bad because it takes people off your page (which it does). But, some people don’t think so. Link building remains a fundamental part of smart search engine optimization strategy. You are showing authority by linking to relevant high domain sites.
3. Write for humans first, search engines second.
You need to write content for people to read. Nobody wants to read your keyword stuffing over and over again. If nobody wants to read it, neither will google.
4. Encourage other trustworthy sites to link to you.
When you combine dofollow and nofollow links, you get natural link profile that even Google will reward.
Content marketing is all about creating high-quality, engaging content and creating in people the need and urgency to link to you and share your content on social media.
5. Have web analytics in place at the start.
6. Write unique and relevant meta descriptions for every page.
One of the most important SEO tips that most people neglect is the well-crafted meta description. The meta description is the first section that people see when Google serves up your page to search users.
7. Use readable and meaningful URLs only.
If users can’t read or understand your URL, then search engines may be confused as well. Make them short and sweet. Using a well thought out keyword is important.
8. Build momentum with social signals.
Social media is an integral part of SEO strategy, and search signals are important. You’ve got to focus on increasing yours.
9. Use the right keywords in your images.
You should use the right keywords in your alt-text image names and accompanying text (using the caption too). Of course, this is not permission to engage in keyword stuffing.